April Fools’ Day: 2013 Edition

Do you remember that amazing steamboat museum I took Ryan to in Kansas City last year?  You don’t? Neither does he. Thank goodness I keep a blog as proof of major life experiences – you know, like viewing 200 tons of  a virtual time-capsule from the remains of a ship that sunk in the Missouri River in 1856.

You know which memories of his six-plus years Ryan remembers best?  The times I was just plain silly.  The times I surprised him.  Like when his brother Noah was two and insisted that “nobody” give him a bath.  I donned a shower cap and fleecy bathrobe and pretended I was a Mrs. Doubtfire-lady figure named “Nobody.”

“You want Nobody to give you a bath,” I said, channelling Robin Williams channelling Mrs. Doubtfire.  “Well, here I am, my darlings, I’m Nobody.  Nobody is here to give you a bath.”

Ryan giggled, while Noah just stared at me.

“I know, I know.  You want Nobody to give you a bath.  Well, Nobody wants to give you a bath.”

“You want Nobody to wash your hair.  Well, my love, Nobody will.”

The schtick went on and on.  A year and a half later, the boys still request Nobody at bath time.

I love any excuse and reminder for us to be totally silly with our kids.  I wish I remembered more often that you really don’t need an excuse.  Still, April Fools’ Day is Monday.  Tomorrow!

Don’t let it pass you by.

This year, I’m planning to start the day with these “undrinkable” juice cups with breakfast I saw on village.  I’m going to try this natural vegetarian take on Jello mixed with cranberry or orange juice.

If I find a small enough box (no idea where I’d find a matchbox in my house), I will pack the boys a “micro lunch” or snack like this one from Family Fun magazine.

I picked up these fake lottery tickets at the dollar store a few weeks and plan on slipping a few in Ryan’s lunchbox with a coin for scratching off.  Is it mean to make him think he is a millionaire from lunchtime to 3:15 pm?

Inspired by Homegrown Friend’s Happy Birthday Nobody party, I think April Fools’ Day might be the perfect time to have an after-school birthday party for nobody.

As my husband (a very good prankster) has often shown, the best jokes are not so elaborate as just completely unpredictable.

For more April Fools ideas, check out the 2012 April Fools’ Day post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Karen says:

I love this post. I wish I could come back as one of your kids. Thanks for the reminder that we could all be a little sillier now and then!

2. Rashad says:

You’re ex has got to deal with the fact that he may lose you.
    You could possibly do the same for the cards they are
    trading you. There are numerous online websites, forums and blogs where people place Trac – Fone
    Promo Codes.

3. Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using?
    I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m having a difficult time
    choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I’m looking
    for something unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

4. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you really understand what you’re speaking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Kindly also talk over with my web site =).
    We will have a hyperlink change agreement among us!

5. weigh loss says:

You can read all the weight loss tips in the world and still not have any success with them if you do not have the discipline to
    carry it out. No one wants to be out of shape for pool and beach season, yet every year I’ve noticed that most people are.
    Look at someone who jogs or bikes regularly for
    the last 20 years and you will usually see someone who looks
    a lot younger then their age, unless they have abused themselves in other ways, including over exposure to the sun.

6. Therese says:

I do not even know the way I stopped up right here, but
    I assumed this post wass once great. I do not know who you
    might be however certainly you’re going to a well-known
    blogger for those who aren’t already. Cheers!

7. Katherine says:

But once a spell has become activated, the normal Spell cards cannot be used.

The Yugioh game mat is divided into different locations
    where specific Yugioh cards can be played. ” Paradise Island”
    the action for all devotees of sun and sea is.

8. All of those problems are eliminated when you take your internet courses.

On the surface of this there is really a guarantee that you’re going to certainly make
    $50. There are two basic types of student federal funding –
    financial and campus-based.

9. web Page says:

The first inversion necessitates the 3rd with the chord for the
    bass note. Imagine the scenario every time a singer approaches
    you together with asks should you remember exactly what
    the song was they sang 2-3 wees earlier at each of your other gigs.

Being groomed, clean, and smellingg good are absolute basics.

10. Edison says:

Very descriptive article, I enjoyed tat a lot. Will there be
    a part 2?

11. flori online says:

I am rdgular visitor, how aree you everybody?
    Thiis post posted aat this site is genuinely fastidious.

12. Wordpress says:

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
    I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on.

Any suggestions?

13. Step 1:If you happen to come with an Ethernet cable attached to your console, eliminate it
    immediately. Free Play – Station 4 app foor i – Phone, i – Pad or i – Pod Touch hit
    the App Store on Tuesday, Nov. You realize that feeling when folks “know” you hit the prospective but it
    didn’t register relating on the console.

14. I think that everything said was very logical. But, what about this?
    what if you were to create a awesome post title?

I ain’t suggesting your information is not solid., however what
    if you added a post title to possibly get people’s attention?
    I mean blog topic is kinda plain. You ought to look at
    Yahoo’s front page and see how they create news headlines to
    get people to click. You might add a video or a related pic or two
    to get people interested about everything’ve
    got to say. In my opinion, it might bring your posts a little livelier.

15. Stacy says:

Both tins feature five booster packs and five special foil variant
    cards. For comparison one only need’s to look aat the success of
    Konami’s competitor Wizards in the Coast using recent
    “Magic: The Gathering” reprint set “Modern Masters,” which cost double the of a normal booster
    pack at $7. Card Text: “Elemental Hero Avian” + “Elemental Hero Sparkman” + “Elemental Hero Bubbleman”
    This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon.

16. It’s the best time to make some plans for the long run and it’s
    time to be happy. I’ve learn this publish and if I could
    I desire to counsel you few fascinating issues or suggestions.
    Maybe you could write subsequent articles referring to this article.
    I want to learn more things approximately it!

17. mobile games says:

I am really impressed with your writing abilities as neatly as with the structure in your
    weblog. Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself?
    Either way keep up the excellent high quality writing, it’s rare to
    see a nice blog like this one nowadays..

18. Having read this I thought it was rather informative.

I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this
    informative article together. I once again find myself personally
    spending a significant amount of time both reading and posting comments.
    But so what, it was still worthwhile!

19. Better to learn the kids are generally playing
    non-offensiveon-lineon-line games in the lounge room than x-rated video gaming with their
    buddies buildings. Jigsaw puzzles are just like knowledge management that happen to be complicated.

Since they boast your much cherished personal photos, you can relive your memories as well as members
    of the family.

20. I have beesn surfing online more thn 2 hours today, yet Inever
    found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for
    me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did,
    the web will be a lot morre useful than ever
    before.

21. Susana says:

Appreciating the time and effort you put into your website and in depth information you offer.
    It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same
    unwanted rehashed material. Excellent read! I’ve bookmarked your
    site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

22. marketing says:

Internet these days is a great help in purchasing one of these.
    It is always a good idea to have containers which collect rainwater throughout the rainy season. Make sure
    the mixture isn’t too heavy for the delicate plant roots.

23. Yes, everything depended on Gods grace for without it Noah was helpless, a doomed
    man. Hence, cultures and geographic distribution, leaving us essentially to our own devices to create philosophies and theologies without the benefit of cooperation.
    And when disaster strikes we try playing Mother Nature.

24. Air plants and urban varieties are becoming very popular and giving
    new trends to plant lovers. The free plan does not give you full access to the database or all its features, but is useful for the home gardener.
    These insects can be encouraged to stay by having diverse plants
    in your garden.

25. It’s enormous that you are getting ideas from this paragraph as well as from our dialogue made at this place.

26. Porfirio says:

These aare in fact wonderful ideas in regarding blogging.
    You have touched som pleasant points here.
    Any way keep up wrinting.

27. Harlan says:

I do consider all of the concepts you have introduced to yor post.
    They are really convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless,
    the posts are too brief forr novices. May just yoou please lengthen them a
    little from next time? Thanks for the post.

28. My family members every time say that I am
    killing my time here at net, but I know I am getting experience
    every day by reading thes nice articles.

29. Hi there colleagues, good paragraph and good arguments
    commented at this place, I am actually enjoying by
    these.

30. Cathleen says:

%first_paragraphDuring the following pre-registration period, they undergo about a year of training, following which they are to attempt to clear the qualifying exam. These professionals go through three years of basic university education based on their specific field. He or she checks your eyes and accordingly prescribes medication, surgery or corrective lenses or spectacles to remedy these problems.

In order to be accepted in the program, at least three years of pre-optometric learning is required. Accredited optometry curriculum normally takes 4 years of study to finish. For admission in optometry school, you must pass the Optometry Admission Test. Majority of students joining an optometry course must have a bachelor’s degree.

Glaucoma is a group of diseases that wreaks havoc to the optic nerve. The optic nerve is the eye part responsible for transmitting electric impulses and images from the retina to the brain. If glaucoma is left untreated for a long period, it is likely to result in blindness. When eye pressure becomes too high, optic nerve damages occurs, deteriorating one’s vision.

Once you have graduated from a vocational Optometry and Ophthalmic Technician School, you will be qualified to take on responsibilities of customer service, adjusting and repairing frames, verifying prescriptions, obtaining patient histories, and maintaining patient charts. Additionally, technicians sometimes take on billing processes and correspondence, maintaining and ordering supplies, and scheduling appointments.

Therefore shed all your doubts and utilize this opportunity for your own benefit. By relying on Lethbridge Lawyer, you would certainly make the right decision that will be surely beneficial to you. All the necessary legal documentation procedures as well as proceedings are being handled in a hassle-free manner by such law firms. By hiring services of Lethbridge Law Firm, you can be rest assured that you have placed your case in good hands. Along with necessary guidance, you will also acquire up-to-date information on the daily proceedings that takes place in courtrooms.

The locals of Vancouver, BC also have optometrists who are capable to provide their eye care needs. What you should do is find one that will provide you quality services. There’s bound to be one nearby. In other locations, an optometrist in Chilliwack can also be located inside plazas around Luckakuck Way. Many of these Vancouver optometrists are of world class caliber and have a pure desire to help their patients live better lives by helping to improve their eyesight.

It is a requirement to produce documents that will not cause stress to the eye when reading. Green printing for optometrists is one of the hardest things to accomplish since these people are always sensitive to the human eye. This makes the choice of how to print the document a hard one. What may cause straining in one person may not necessarily cause straining in another. The correct specification is always hard to point out since different people have different eye sight. This requires you to do the right thing so that your documents are never rejected and branded unfriendly to the eye. So how does one tackle this problem?

A nearsighted kid for example, has to sit closer to the board to to see the teacher’s notes better. Doing things gets more complicated with vision problems. A mother with astigmatism may find herself in an embarassing situation when a friend waves at her from a distance and yet she is unable to recognize the friend. A farsighted father finds it frustrating to have to read the newspaper at least an arm’s length away from him.

Our doctors, they can develop a customized vision with best correction surgery and they have all kinds questions and according their needs answered to patients. Buckhead eye doctor love to patients and care of it very well. They are very hard worker and very professional Buckhead optometrists.
    The Buckhead eye doctor, they are very professional doctors and well known for their best quality and service in all over world.

Astigmatism happens to those who have blurred eyesight caused by irregularly shaped corneas or irregularly arced lens. Nearsighted individuals have elongated eyeballs or overly curved corneas. The above mentioned disorders cause the light penetrating the eye not to focus properly on the retina, causing improperly sent electrical impulses from the retina to the brain, eventually triggering vision problems. This problem happens as a result of having eyeballs which are very short or corneas which aren’t curved enough. Those who suffer from nearsightedness experience the opposite; the nearer the objects are, the clearer they come into focus as relatively far objects get blurred. Farsightedness is a condition where mostly far objects are seen fully, but not closer items.

For instance, an optometrist Abbotsford residents can rely on can be visited at shopping centers. Optometrists are eye experts in charge of the primary care of peoples eyes, particularly the vision. It is a good thing that there are optometrists who are ready to give solutions. They are the ones who give the right glasses and contact lenses based on the patients eye grade. Optometrists usually operate in small clinics or large eye centers.%

31. Herbert says:

% swot analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. compared with FY2008.
    8 million in FY2009, an increase of 3. The net profit was $1,030.
    The company recorded revenues of $25,510. The company
    operates in the US, Canada, and the Gulf of Mexico.
    The operating profit of the company was $1,772. 9 million in FY2009,
    an increase of 8. Enterprise Products Partners (Enterprise) is
    a midstream energy company that offers a wide variety of
    services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids,
    crude oil, and certain petrochemicals.

And ‘controversial and questionable post tubal ligation syndrome, consisting of only a
    few medical conditions or that it is probably a direct negative effect and / or
    tubal ligation risk. The possibilities of errors of tubal ligation are more at risk of ectopic pregnancy.

Illuminated LED power switch shows where the on/off switch
    is in the dark and switches from shed light to spot light
    Up to 4 hours use on full charge
    Multi – crystal solar panel designed for outdoor applications.
    Can be wall or pole mounted up to 16 feet away from fixture.
    UPC: 090529620469
    Manufacturer Part No: L-948
    website Solar Rechargeable 2-N-1 LED Shed Light Lamp Life : 100,000 hours
    , Warranty : 1 year
    Weight: 1.

– Support sales activities by understanding your customers’ businesses better
    – Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
    – Keep fully up to date on your competitors’ business structure, strategy and prospects
    – Obtain the most up to date company information available

history, key executives, business description, locations
    and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and
    the latest available statement from Buckeye Partners,
    L. -Data is supplemented with details on Buckeye Partners,
    L. required for business and competitor intelligence
    needs
    – Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting Buckeye Partners, L.
    – Provides all the crucial information on Buckeye Partners, L.
    in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams
    of Buckeye Partners, L.%

32. Rochell says:

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
    and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch out
    for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future.

Numerous people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

33. Gardening with Senior Citizens in retirement facilities
    and communities is a quite gratifying activity for all involved.

Trackbacks